THE CITY REBORN FROM THE ASHES OF AMERICA'S MOST DISASTROUS FOREST FIRE
Crivitz Museum To Open for Season May 26
Issue Date: May 24, 2018
Crivitz-The Crivitz-Stephenson Historical Society announces the opening of the Crivitz Museum for the summer season. The museum will open on Saturday, May 26, from noon to 4 PM.
The museum is located one block west of McDonald's on South Avenue in Crivitz and will be open noon to 4 PM Wednesdays through Saturdays during the summer.
The Crivitz Museum focuses on the early history of the Crivitz area, from the early logging day, to the growth of area farming and tourism. On the museum grounds is a restored log building that was originally located on Lake Noquebay as a lumber camp for the Peshtigo River Lumber Company. There is also a Honeymoon Cabin, originally built on the Lake Noquebay island near the Outlet dam, and later moved to Ahle's Resort on the northwest shore of the lake. It was used as a resort cabin until relocated to the museum grounds in 2015.
The Historical Society is in the process of relocating a 1909 dairy barn originally built on the Hergan farm which was located south and east of the Village of Crivitz. The goal is to reconstruct the barn this fall and use the area to house the farm equipment presently sitting outside. Included in the display will be a replication of an early dairy barn.
In anticipation of The Wall That Heals visiting the area, a display of Vietnam era memorabilia is being erected. Anyone who has mementoes of time in Vietnam and would be willing to loan them to the museum to be used in the display, contact John Deschane at 715 927 4616.